Effected by the Caitlin Clark Effect

 Well I missed the second round of the NCAA being held in IOWA CITY, and Caitlin Clark's last game in Carver Hawkeye arena.  This was a major disappointment, not to be in Iowa City during a pretty historical event for Iowa City, and the whole state of Iowa.  The woman who broke the all time scoring record in NCAA history for men or women was playing her last game before moving into the pros after this year.

Iowa City must have been buzzing what with that round/two days of NCAA 2024 women's basketball taking place there.  Such rotten luck that I get to the Greyhound station on March 18 to go to Iowa City and discover a CLOSED sign on their door that says they moved on Mar 15 to a parking lot two miles away.  Since I had walked there and the windchill was below freezing I cancelled my trip.

I actually had a second chance to see Caitlin Clark since they won their first round in Iowa City.   I could have at the last minute bought tickets for Monday's game through stubhub online for about $200 and taken a cab or uber to the new Greyhound parking lot site.  But for a couple of reasons I did not.  Standing out in the cold in a parking lot and the prohibitive and dishonest way of selling the tickets deterred me.

This week I found an expose on the Iowa heroine in a local Barnes and Noble.  The photographs of her were top notch, I remember faintly buying a fan magazine back in junior high only then it featured singing groups like The Beatles and the Monkees.

Hope they do well in Albany for the next round.

 ===

Sat, March 23:   Iowa (91) vs Holy Cross (65)-- Iowa City, IA (1st Round NCAA Tournament 2024)

Mon, March 25:  Iowa (64) vs W Virginia (54) -- Iowa City, IA (2nd Round NCAA Tournament 2024)

March 30, Iowa () vs Colorado () -- Albany, NY (Sweet Sixteen)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I hear singing

Happy Birthday, Mom

Iowa State Fair-Day 9