Women in the Museum, December 2023

 

 

 SEATED FIGURE,  1916
Artist: Alexander Archipenko (Ukrainian 1887-1964)


I ventured to ask the museum employee in that room to help me find the woman's head.  She was surprisingly helpful.  From a front view, she helped me identify the bumps and curves on the sculpture most likely to be the head, shoulder, and arm.  But the nicest surprise was when she walked me behind the figure and from just the right angle I could make out a bump which was probably a breast. 

 =====

 

SEATED WOMAN (THIN NECK), 1961
Artist: Henry Moore (British, 1898-1986)

 



This lady used to sit in a little alcove.  Now they've moved her out into the wide open space of the upper level of the Pei building!  I love both the Pei and the Meiers buildings.  One can move the artwork around to create new impressions of them and they do.  

=====


 




=====

 

 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I hear singing

Happy Birthday, Mom

Iowa State Fair-Day 9